It’s the stuff of nightmares; an Australian teenager was petrified when she discovered a venomous snake curled up inside her asthma inhaler.

The teen, from Bli Bli in Queensland, Australia, was bringing in the washing when she spotted a red-bellied black snake wriggle out of the clothes pile. To her horror, she lost sight of it until she later discovered it hidden inside the open top of her inhaler.

Knowing how deadly the reptile was, the girl immediately called a team of snake catchers, who managed to safely capture the reptile and later rehomed it.

Red-bellied black snakes are commonplace around Australia’s east coast and are responsible for a number of bites every year. Although no human deaths have been recorded, a bite from one would certainly not be a picnic; causing blood clots, muscle and nerve damage.

(Picture: Getty/Facebook/Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7)

After the shocking discovery yesterday Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers wrote on Facebook: ‘You would not believe this. This is crazy and we’re super lucky we were able to find the snake.’

Team member, Stuart McKenzie added: “It’s one of the most incredible places we have ever found a snake before. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like picking it up and discovering it in there.”

For more interesting, entertaining, heartwarming and funny stories, click here.

Sharing is Caring

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *.

You may use these <abbr title="HyperText Markup Language">HTML</abbr> tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>